Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!
Cough could be debilitating and persistent over time. Even though this is perfectly normal occurrence it should be treated with care. Natural remedies can help alleviate the symptoms.
Home remedies for cough:
Onion is great tool against different respiratory conditions, including colds and cough. Onion can act as a good expectorant if taken raw.
Method of preparation
– Remove onion skin then cut them into four pieces.
– Put the onion pieces in a pot together with the water and cook until the water starts boiling.
– Continue to cook until there is half of the water left. Let the mixture cool then strain it.
– Drink one and a half glasses of the resulting liquid two times a day.
– You can improve this beverage’s taste by adding honey and/or lemon juice.
– You can also add apples to the syrup.
Gargling with salt water:
– Gargle with salt dissolved in warm water.
– The salt in the water can help drain excess fluid from inflamed areas in the throat reducing the symptoms.
– Gargling also removes irritants in the throat and thins the mucus.
A traditional remedy is the use of hot milk with turmeric. According to a study, it is shown to even have antibacterial properties.Turmeric gargle also gives good results.
– To one cup of hot water, add in half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and half a teaspoon table salt.
– Use this liquid as a throat gargle and you are sure to experience relief from cough.
– For a dry cough, turmeric powder mixed with a teaspoon of honey taken three to four times a day is effective.
– Ginger has a number of amazing benefits, it is also great to treat a cough.
– Chop ginger into fine pieces, add into a vessel containing one cup of water.
– Keep boiling the liquid till the volume reduces to half the original quantity.
– Strain the liquid, add one teaspoon of honey and drink when warm to give a soothing effect against cough.
– Ginger in combination with tulsi is also an effective remedy for cough.