1. Changes in urinary function and frequency, dark colored urine or the inability to urinate.
2. Difficulty or pain while voiding yourself is a sign of kidney problems.
3. Blood in urine occurring often is a cause of serious concern. Visit your doctor immediately.
4. Swelling of hands, feet and ankles may happen because the kidney fails to remove necessary amounts of water from the system.
5. Felling tired often can occur because of the lack of erythropoietin, a hormone produced by the kidneys that helps circulate oxygen in the body.
6. Dizziness may occur as oxygen supply to the body is cut short by the lack of erythropoietin.
7. Having regular bouts of chills even in a warm surrounding may occur due to anemia.
8. When the kidney fails to detoxify properly, there’s a build-up of toxins in the body, which then results in skin rashes and itching.
9. Metallic taste in mouth, can be caused by uric acid build up in the system.
10. Nausea and vomiting, which occurs again because of poor detoxification.
11. Kidney disease can cause fluid build-up in the lungs, causing shortness of breath.
12. Kidney stones can cause lower and side back pain. This could also be due to chronic inflammation.